Monday, May 30, 2016

TQC 2016 - A New Challenge

I have signed up for another on-line course.  This one is from Kathy Shaw who is always so generous in sharing her knowledge.  She offers some crazy quilting courses and has just started this traditional quilt course.  This is totally new to me.  I have learned a lot already!  Being more of a 'no rules' kind of girl this is a true challenge for me.  These are mug rugs and I keep wanting to add buttons and embroidery to them, but that would make it difficult for a mug to set securely on them so I am holding back.  Here are my first two challenges completed...





2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would feel exactly the same Connie - I couldn't resist adding some bling! Your mug rugs are great - bling or not.

margaret said...

this sounds an interesting course I am sure you will learn lots, I did the crazy one a while ago. I so enjoy making blocks when I see one I like I make it and attach the name on the back as reference. A good idea to make them into mug rugs. Good to see you back blogging hope you will keep us up to date with your blocks